Sudeep - Find me on Bloggers.com Little bit of this and that: World Cup Cricket Chronicles 2015 - The beginning.

Friday, February 13, 2015

World Cup Cricket Chronicles 2015 - The beginning.

Writing has always been fun for me, however lame the content that I created was. I have always been a prose person, but there were different types of writing that highly appealed to me. I write non fiction articles infrequently, with rare success at getting published. But fiction writing always seemed to be the greatest challenge, and hence, the most exciting. Writing in English and Malayalam is something that I have enjoyed equally. Writing screenplays is what I love most, even though all that I have written in that category are a couple of good for nothing things, which as of now, are lying in my bookshelf in the form of a bunch of dusty loose sheets of paper.

So apart from all these, there is something that I have always wanted to do. Sports writing. I have tried it once in a while, but not as much as I would have wanted to. (I think this one which got published in The Hindu might be the best that I wrote).


So, here's the deal.


The cricket world cup is here, and it is a sport that I have been following right from my childhood. So I think, I should write. Witnessing the mega sports events like Olympics, Commonwealth games or the Cricket or Football World cups and writing about it has been always a dream. 


That is exactly what I want to do. I am going to watch as much as cricket possible (On television, of course), during this world cup, and I am going to write as much as possible about it, here.


Generally, when I get an idea to write to something, I keep it in my mind, think about it during all the free time. When I am sure I've got enough of it, I write a rough draft and then leave it for two days. Then re write it once or twice. That's how I write most of the blog posts, and the other stuff that I have published. And generally, my first draft is just crap. And after all this, whatever I create never end up as Booker prize worthy stuff. But this time around, it's all going to be spontaneous. I will try to write as much as possible during the course of this world cup. So, the quality of each post might be really, really bad.


Other than this, there are a few points that I want to put across in the beginning itself.


What I write could end up as crow shit. (I think I already conveyed that, but just emphasizing)


I might swear and use some indecent language


I might try to be funny at times. But I have never been spontaneous with humor. So the jokes might fall flat.


Above all, even after all this build up, I might end up without writing even one piece. It happens with me. I always over promise and under deliver.


So here it begins. Or at least I hope so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment